about

Jury Holds Landlord Not Liable for Tenants’ Injuries

In 2010, a fire started in a condominium in Southern California. The fire started in an exhaust fan that was not working. The tenants were injured and filed suit claiming that the landlord should have replaced the exhaust fan before the fire occurred. The tenants also claimed that the landlord retained an uncertified restoration company to perform repairs causing them to be exposed to friable asbestos. The landlord claimed that the tenants had never complained about the exhaust fan prior to the fire and she had no knowledge of it. She also claimed that upon testing of the ducts in the condominium, there was no friable asbestos located. A Ventura jury found in favor of the landlord.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.